Lodging near Yellowstone & Cody, WY
- Elephant Head Lodge
1170 North Fork Hwy
Cody, WY 82414
Elephant Head Lodge
Located just 11.7 miles from Yellowstone National Park’s East gate and 40 miles West of Cody, WY.
The Elephant Head Lodge, named for its proximity to a local rock formation, is a half-moon arrangement of fifteen log cabins around a very early log cabin lodge and dining room. The lodge and the “honeymoon” cabin were both built in 1910 by Buffalo Bill Cody’s niece, Josephine Thurston and her husband, Harry W. Thurston. Harry choose the site for its water. He was a supervisor with the Forest Service and knew the spring that still serves the lodge today had been a dependable source of good water for early travelers to Yellowstone and for trappers and Indians before them.
Lodging & Accommodations
If you’re planning a relaxing Yellowstone Vacation, we would like you to stay with us! The Elephant Head Lodge is a small log cabin mountain resort eleven miles from Yellowstone, owned by a Wyoming native. Elephant Head Lodge has fifteen cozy cabins, beautiful scenery, wildlife, a restaurant with superb dining off the menu for breakfast and dinner and you can order sack lunches for your day’s adventures, a lounge, and very special guests.
- Historic, Western Experience
- Family Enjoyment & Activities
- Relaxation & away from the Crowds
- Wildlife Viewing
- Trout Fishing
- Yellowstone Experience including Old Faithful and Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Photography & Artististic Captures
- Beautiful Scenery & Scenic Drives
- River Rafting
- Playground for the Children & “Horseshoes”
- Western Dining, Home-cooked Meals & Picnics
- Starry Nights and Moonlight
- Horseback Riding arranged
- Cody Nightly Rodeo & Old Trail Town
- Buffalo Bill Center of the West Museum in Cody
Call to make lodging reservations today!
1-307-587-3980 or GO TO OUR WEBSITE www.elephantheadlodge.com